Products - About Our Products
Washington Futures provides everything you need for career and educational planning for grades 6-12. Washington Futures includes:
- Five career assessments
- The full WOIS information system: with up-to-date descriptions about careers, educational programs and colleges nationwide
- Career Explorer: a lower-reading level career program written at a 5-6 grade level for younger students and students with special needs
Great Futures Curriculum for high school and middle school - 65 lessons, complete with slides shows and worksheets, in the areas of:
- Study skills
- Goal setting
- Career and college research
- Course planning
- College applications
- Test preparation
- Life transitions
- Extracurricular activities
The WOIS Electronic Portfolio, for storage and administrative review of:
- Career and educational assessments and research
- Best works
- High school and beyond plans
- Resumes and cover letters
- Culminating projects
- Awards and activities
- Work and community experience
Washington Futures brings these resources together in one easy-to-use program, at one low price.
Career Information System
WOIS provides detailed information about more than 500 civilian careers, the educational programs that train people for those careers, and the schools that offer that training. WOIS also provides information about military careers. All WOIS components are linked together, allowing users to begin their research from any point and still wind up with all the information they need:
- Civilian Careers link to other similar civilian careers, to military careers, and to educational programs.
- Educational Programs link to other related educational programs, to careers, and to schools.
- Schools link to educational programs.
WOIS also offers career information for our younger customers. Career Explorer is a tool developed specifically for junior high and middle school students.
Tools for Exploration
WOIS contains decision-making tools for users who are just beginning their career exploration:
- Four different career assessment tools help users find occupations that match their goals and interests.
- School Search lets users find Washington-based schools that meet their needs.
- A Crosswalk to assessment systems such as Holland, Strong and COPS gives users broader searching capabilities.
- Dependable Strengths for the Internet to help users identify their strengths and learn how their strengths can be used in future careers.
In addition to our primary product, which is career information, we offer our users a variety of support materials.
And we provide classroom activities through the following products:
We concentrate our research to produce complete, up-to-date career information with both national data and specific information for Washington State.